Quotes in reference to my #1 best selling enterprise performance measurement book, "Performance Management - Integrating Strategy Execution, Methodologies, Risk, and Analytics".
"A highly accessible collection of essays on contemporary thinking in performance management. Readers will get excellent overviews on the Balanced Scorecard, strategy maps, incentives, management accounting, activity-based costing, customer lifetime value, and sustainable shareholder value creation."
- Robert S. Kaplan, Harvard Business School; coauthor of The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action, The Execution Premium, and many other books
“Gary Cokins demonstrates in this book that performance management is not a mysterious black art, but a structured, process-oriented discipline. If you want your performance management system to be a smoothly running analytical machine, read and apply the ideas in this book—it’s all you need.”
- Thomas H. Davenport, President’s Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Management, Babson College; coauthor of Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning
“Gary is always focused on how technology can help manage and improve an organization's performance -- not just measure or monitor it. Performance management the way Gary describes it in this new book provides the essential linkage between corporate strategy and operational decision-making. Gary's brand of performance management should be on every executive’s to-do list.”
- James Taylor, Author of Smart (Enough) Systems: How to Deliver Competitive Advantage by Automating the Decisions Hidden in Your Business
“Drawing on a deep reservoir of knowledge and experience gained from hundreds of customer engagements around the world, Gary Cokins offers an authoritative examination of the major dimensions of performance management. Cokins not only paints a rich and textured view of the major principles and concepts driving performance management implementations, he offers a nuanced look at the important subtleties that can spell the difference between success and failure. This is an informative and enjoyable text to read!”
- Wayne Eckerson, ex-Director of Research, The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI); author of Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business
“Gary Cokins is clearly one of the world’s thought leaders in the area of performance management, and the need for integrated performance management, improvement and execution is clearly at a premium in these challenging economic times. This book is a must read for CEOs, CFOs, and management accountants around the globe seeking higher levels of sustainable business performance for their stakeholders.”
- Jeffrey C. Thomson, President and CEO, Institute of Management Accountants
“In his most recent book, Gary Cokins shows he has successfully been able to expand his base thinking into a contemporary and useful read. In recognizing the importance of enterprise risk management to today’s organizations – and integrating it into the broader content message – this books makes a leap forward for 21st century business practices.”
- Ellen M. Heffes, editor-in-chief, Financial Executive; Financial Executives Institute
“Gary Cokins has cracked the code to improving performance by producing a comprehensive body of knowledge which focuses on the implementation of the strategy. A unique feature of Gary's work is that he provides an integrated framework that incorporates Governance, Risk and Compliance, as well as Customer Value Management. This is a must read for every executive who intends to show performance growth.”
- V. Kumar, Ph.D.; Author of Managing Customers for Profit Richard and Susan Lenny Distinguished Chair Professor of Marketing, and Executive Director, Center for Excellence in Brand & Customer Management, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
“Gary Cokins is one of those gurus who not only is a recognized expert but truly gets it. He is the first expert to truly link performance management to customer value management in a way that makes sense for the 21st century. Because of that, mark my words here, this book will make a serious difference to the conduct of business in the workplace.”
- Paul Greenberg, President, The 56 Group, LLC; and Managing Partner/CCO: BPT Partners, Author of CRM at the Speed of Light, 4th edition
“Gary’s performance management expertise comes to light with increasing clarity in his newest book, Performance Management: Integrating Strategy Execution, Methodologies, Risk, and Analytics. His writing style is direct. His examples and predictions are colorful and often uncomfortably true. On a personal note, readers will appreciate Gary’s accessibility and his willingness to help when needed.”
- Ron Powell, Editorial Director, Business Intelligence Network
"Gary Cokins offers powerful insights and practical counsel for all who are seeking to manage effectively in these turbulent times."
- David A. J. Axson; Founder, Sonax Group Inc., Author of Best Practices in Planning and Management Reporting
"Many organizations attack the parts. In this book Gary, a consensus thought leader in the performance management community, shows how to align organizational gears for maximum effectiveness."
- Steve Player; Managing Director, The Player Group, Program Director, the Beyond Budgeting Roundtable, Co-author of Cornerstones of Decision Making: Profiles of Enterprise Activity-Based Management
"Improving and organizing performance requires the right balance of quantitative and qualitative decision making. Gary Cokins past writings have explained in easily understood language how to achieve the right balance of the quantitative and qualitative. In this book, Gary educates, entertains, and inspires readers who are interested in improving their organizational decision making."
- Michael D. Shields; Schaberg Endowed Chair in Accounting, Broad College of Business, Michigan State University